Chicken in the Garden
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked rice, noodles or biscuits
- Place broccoli and mixed vegetables in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and curry; pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice, noodles or biscuits.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 442 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 25, 2010
I was trying to use up leftovers, so I probably used more like 4 cups of chicken...otherwise the amounts of everything stayed the same. I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of chicken. It was delicious! I think I'll make it exactly the same next time.
Feb 10, 2010
This was very good; however, next time I would cut back on the amount of chopped broccoli to 2 cups or 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen size.