Chicken in the Garden
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked rice, noodles or biscuits
- Place broccoli and mixed vegetables in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and curry; pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice, noodles or biscuits.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 442 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2010
I was trying to use up leftovers, so I probably used more like 4 cups of chicken...otherwise the amounts of everything stayed the same. I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of chicken. It was delicious! I think I'll make it exactly the same next time.
Feb 10, 2010
This was very good; however, next time I would cut back on the amount of chopped broccoli to 2 cups or 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen size.