One-Dish Chicken with Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, garlic powder and oil. Spoon half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Spoon the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add potatoes and carrots. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170° and vegetables are tender.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2015
Went together very quickly. I cut the chicken into 2" chunks and dumped everything together in one bag to season (used minced garlic from a jar instead of garlic powder) then dumped it all together into a 13 x 9. Looks pleasant and smells great!
Jul 6, 2014
Jul 13, 2012
This was VERY good! This will go into my recipe box and become a favorite in our weekly rotation!
Aug 12, 2010
OMG what a snap to prepare and FAST cooking time. I will make this again for sure. I cooked it exactly as listed (20 minutes for part II) and the chicken was PERFECT. I noticed my potatoes weren't all thoroughly cooked though; only the ones actually touching the bottom of the baking dish were. so next time I will put the veggies on the bottom and the chicken on the top when baking. Other than that I will be making this again. Perfect for a busy school night!
Apr 16, 2010
Great and easy recipe that everyone loved! Will definitely keep in my workday meal plan. Added sliced onion to the bag as well as used Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make a little healthier. Enjoy!
Dec 8, 2009
I only had garlic-mushroom soup mix, so didn't add the garlic. Was Wonderful & SO easy!
Nov 20, 2009
So easy and my kids loved it.
May 10, 2009
This recipe is great. Fast, easy, and loved by my kids and adults