Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1 cup vegetables: 357 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Feb 9, 2020
Made this for my families supper. I was quick and easy to make! It was delicious! I doubled the seasonings. I replaced rosemary for oregano and smoked paprika for the regular paprika. This recipe is a keeper! Yum!
Jan 9, 2020
I made this and it was quick, easy and delicious! The only change I made was using parsley instead of rosemary.
Dec 18, 2019
I used chicken breasts and Brussels sprouts instead of the spinach. It was very easy and delicious. We all loved it.
Nov 3, 2019
Just made this for dinner today, it was delicious and very tasty. The only additions I made, added Dr. Bragg's 24 herbs and spices and Italian seasoning to the chicken. I also mixed the spinach in very well with the vegetables. My husband asked me if it was hard to make because he says this is a keeper.
Oct 24, 2019
Love this recipe! We've made it a couple of times. The spinach on top is exceptional if you lightly mix it in with chicken and veggies at the end, otherwise it tends to be dry. I agree with the other reviews that say to double the spices on the chicken. This recipe is very easy and tasty.
Oct 21, 2019
We just loved this! I frequently roast chicken, so adding the veggies is just a bonus for us. I used a whole chicken, with the back removed flattened on the sheet pan, spatchcock style. It cooked in the same length of time, and for the 2 of us, made 2 full meals plus 2 lunches for my husband. We loved the seasoning, which is a little different from my usual flavors. VFE
Sep 25, 2019
This is a winner! We loved it. I used 6 chicken thighs but halved the veggies for the two of us. I also added 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning to both the chicken and veggie spices and it was delicious. I did not have spinach so used fresh broccoli. Those were the only changes I made. Followed the rest of the recipe to the letter. Absolutely delicious and we will be having this again soon.
Aug 22, 2019
Why is the photo a still picture of "Rosemary"? I like pictures of the actual recipe, and I don't like videos to replace the actual still recipe picture.
Jul 31, 2019
It was good but next time I would double the seasoning on the chicken, as I thought it was a little bland. I used half the amount of potatoes and added cauliflower and broccoli to keep it lower in carbs. Next time I’ll leave the spinach off. We didn’t care for it. Good recipe with a few tweaks.
Jul 21, 2019
This was an easy dinner to prepare. I didn’t use anywhere near the amount of salt called for... a personal health preference. I substituted fresh green beans for the spinach. It will be a repeat.