Sheet-Pan Tandoori Chicken
This tandoori chicken recipe is easy for weeknights since it uses just one pan, but it's also special enough for company. The best part is there isn't much to clean up when you're done! —Anwar Khan, Iriving, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons tandoori masala seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon slices
- Optional: Minced fresh cilantro and naan flatbreads
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, tandoori seasoning and, if desired, pepper flakes until blended. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bowl. Place chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add sweet potatoes; drizzle with oil. Bake 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and lemon slices. Bake until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170°-175°, 10-15 minutes longer. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat until browned, 4-5 minutes. If desired, serve with naan and cilantro.