Tandoori Chicken Thighs
I spent time in India and love reminders of this vibrant culture, so this tandoori chicken makes me happy. Served with warmed naan bread and a cool tomato and cucumber salad, it's a whole meal. —Claire Elston, Spokane, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- In a small bowl, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh: 193 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Tandoori Chicken Skewers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015