Sheet-Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding any remaining marinade in bowl. Place chicken in a large shallow roasting pan; add potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle reserved marinade over potatoes; top with lemon slices. Bake until a thermometer reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes. If desired, broil chicken 3-4 inches from heat until deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh and 1 chicken leg with 1/2 cups potatoes: 483 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2019
This sounds and looks very delicious!!! I’m going to add honey on the chicken for a sweet taste as well.
Mar 21, 2019
This looks simple and yummy! I'm just curious if you use skinless chicken or if it's best to leave the skin on? Thanks!