Moist Lemon Herb Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle herbes de Provence and lemon peel over chicken; add lemon juice to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 220 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Nov 4, 2014
Very simple, very tasty. I loved the lemon flavor so much I used the pan drippings to dip my chicken in as I are it.
Apr 1, 2013
I made this lastnight for my family and they loved it! The only thing I didn't do was used cooking spray for the pan, I just browned the chicken with the oil. Then transfered it to a baking dish (since I didn't have a ovenproof skillet).
Mar 6, 2012
Lemon added a nice light taste to the chicken. I will add this to my recipe book, because I'll make it again. Added the leftover chicken breast to a parmasan pasta dish the following day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.