Grilled Lemon-Basil Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 27, 2015
This chicken is outstanding! I cut the recipe in half for my husband and me and substituted 1/4 cup of my homemade pesto for the 1/2 cup basil...amazing flavor! My husband declared it his "new favorite" and I will definitely be making this again!
Jul 2, 2011
I will try this. It sounds delicious!!!
Apr 7, 2010
I will try it...
Oct 4, 2009
I made this just as directed. It was wonderful! Very easy.
May 26, 2009
Thank you. I will give it a try.
May 20, 2009
White wine vinegar is located with cooking wines. Instead of using red wine as a substitution, I would suggest using apple juice in its place.
May 18, 2009
Where does one find white wine vinegar? Can red be substituted?