Grilled Lemon-Basil Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
May 27, 2015
This chicken is outstanding! I cut the recipe in half for my husband and me and substituted 1/4 cup of my homemade pesto for the 1/2 cup basil...amazing flavor! My husband declared it his "new favorite" and I will definitely be making this again!
Jul 2, 2011
I will try this. It sounds delicious!!!
Apr 7, 2010
I will try it...
Oct 4, 2009
I made this just as directed. It was wonderful! Very easy.
May 26, 2009
Thank you. I will give it a try.
May 20, 2009
White wine vinegar is located with cooking wines. Instead of using red wine as a substitution, I would suggest using apple juice in its place.
May 18, 2009
Where does one find white wine vinegar? Can red be substituted?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.