Easy Grilled Lemon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
May 11, 2018
This was delicious I made grilled aspagas along with it and drizzled the marinade on that as well it was so dang yummy!!!! And so easy all you do is mix it, marinade in fridge when your ready throw iton the grill!!!I will be making this many more times it's also not very fattening.
Jul 16, 2017
Has anyone tried this with ckn thighs
Dec 17, 2014
I wasn't able to grill the chicken so I baked it in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes and it was delicious. I know it will taste better grilled.
Aug 13, 2013
Jan 13, 2013
The lemon flavour was just too strong.
Jun 22, 2012
This is a good, low calorie dish. The lemon is very flavorful. I used fresh herbs, which made it better-tasting to me!
Jun 11, 2012
Loved this! Best marinade for chicken yet.
Jun 8, 2012
I've been making this for years..... one of our favorites!!!
May 31, 2012
Awesome chicken! Nice and light, not so heavy like some marinated chicken. The lemon is so fresh and summery tasting!
Jul 19, 2011
This is a very light but tasty grilled chicken. We have a recipe for grilled shrimp scampi that we've been doing for years that is very similar in taste to this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.