Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add wine and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cream, basil and thyme. Add chicken; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken with about 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without pasta): 372 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein.
Sep 24, 2019
Very delicious,make sure to double ingredients for sauce!
Jan 4, 2019
Very easy! I subbed in some dairy-free butter and used coconut cream and it came out wonderful. The sauce is thin but we enjoyed it over the pasta!
Dec 4, 2018
Doubled recipe - sauce was a little thin. I even added 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese into sauce. Used dried herbs and only 3 tbsp. lemon juice for the doubled sauce recipe. Will make again!
Mar 15, 2016
An easy recipe, and very tasty! Definitely will double the sauce ingredients the next time, too, for all the reasons everyone else has mentioned--and I won't have any leftover whipping cream sitting in my frig either. I used about 1/4 tsp each of dried basil and thyme, and it suited my family members.
Oct 10, 2015
Double the sauce portion of this recipe & go a little lighter on the lemon juice
Oct 7, 2015
Great flavor! Next time I might make it with spaghetti squash noodles instead of pasta to make it a bit healthier.
Sep 25, 2015
I'm not a chicken lover unless it is roasted, but this was one of the best chicken recipes I ever made.
Sep 12, 2015
My kids and I love chicken and thought that this was good. I made with dried herbs instead of fresh, otherwise I stuck to the recipe. I thought it was a little too lemony for our taste. I will definitely make it again, next time with less lemon!
Aug 26, 2015
Loved this!! I used bottled lemon juice since I'm allergic to lemon peel, and basil from my herb garden. I doubled the sauce, and added some fresh mushrooms, because we love them with chicken. So good, nice lemon flavor, but not overwhelming. I served it over French cut green beans since we like to stay low carb during the week, and the sauce was lovely on them. Will make this again
Aug 16, 2015
Very enjoyable and solid flavor all around. We used fresh lemons and the chicken broth option. Next time would use white wine as mentioned. I also doubled the sauce, so there was enough to coat the noodles. Simple enough to make on a weeknight, but tastes rich enough to serve for a weekend entertaining meal.