Chicken in Basil Cream
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 493 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Aug 30, 2017
Easy quick recipe. Great for a week night!
Jul 6, 2017
Delicious! One of my favorite recipes. I never remember to buy pimentos so I always use chopped roasted red peppers and its great. I double the sauce (or just use 2 chicken breasts and make the sauce as is) since it goes great over the chicken and pasta too. Love!
May 22, 2017
Delicious! To save on carbs, I grilled the chicken instead of breaded and frying. So easy to make!!
Mar 31, 2017
We loved this recipe! I also used a can of Rotel instead of pimientoand shredded Parmesan and Romano mix. ... and thighs instead of breasts. So delicious! Put it in my recipe box.
Jan 4, 2017
Love this recipe! I've made it three times now. The basil cream makes the dish look so elegant and the flavor is amazing, smooth, and just the right amount of basil flavoring. This dish appears difficult but is so simple and easy to do. This recipe will be one I make many times!
Jan 11, 2016
This was as delicious as it was easy and quick to make! I used fresh parmesan and the fresh basil was the icing on the cake. I used chicken quarters because that's what I had. I am going to try the sauce on shrimp over pasta next.
Oct 29, 2015
Easy to make
Oct 16, 2015
The chicken and the sauce turned out delicious~ this really is a 30 minute meal. It is a very easy recipe that even a beginner cook could make. I also left out the pimentos and it turned out excellent!
May 13, 2015
This dish is very easy and delicious. I make it with chicken tenders instead of breast. The left over sauce is good on potatoes or rice. Looks hard and company will think you are a gourmet cook, but this really is easy and very pretty looking. Fresh basil is a must to get the best results.
Jan 17, 2015
I make this very simply dish all the time. Absolutely excellent!