Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; reserve drippings. Bake chicken, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, cook and stir shallot and rosemary in drippings until tender. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low; stir in lemon zest and juice. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon sauce: 252 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
May 28, 2018
So yummy! Finally a chicken recipe that is different. I added one small clove of garlic and put the chicken and sauce over linguine, delicious! Something you would pay good money for at Olive Garden. The combo of the sauce is perfect!
Feb 11, 2018
This is seriously one of my new FAVORITE meals! It is DELICIOUS! I’ll be making this at least once a week now. I recommend using course kosher salt to season and don’t be afraid to season the chicken with it. Also, I highly recommend using Kerry Gold butter or any other grass-fed butter, it adds a ton of extra creaminess. I made Brussel sprouts to go with the chicken and it was so so good! My husband and kids loved this too...Big deal in our family!
Feb 1, 2018
Very easy and very good. I don't keep shallots on hand, so I used a smaller onion which turned out to work well.
Sep 29, 2017
So simple and tasty! I get so tired of the same old chicken dishes but this one was delicious. I was also afraid of the amount of rosemary but it was fine. Sometimes lemon gets lost but the flavor shone through in this sauce. I used the thin sliced chicken breasts and the 8 minutes was almost too long.
Sep 20, 2017
Delicious! I like Rosemary in moderation, so I was a little afraid the amount called for would be overwhelming, but the butter really tempered it nicely. Like other reviewers, I did use larger breasts, so it took twice as long in the oven, but it was well worth it! A definite hit on the dinner table!
Oct 13, 2016
Quite tasty. I did use the smaller 4 oz portion of chicken breast. One reviewer had to cook them longer. I used larger pieces of meat another time, and needed to cook them longer too, but that's what I'd expect with thicker, bigger cuts. The meat thermometer takes ALL the guesswork out.
Aug 23, 2015
This was quick, EASY and delicious. The while family loved it. It did take a little longer to cook in the oven after browning, about 15 minutes.
Jan 14, 2015
I thought this was easy to make and that the spices were a nice compliment to the chicken. However, even though I browned my chicken in the skillet, I definitely had to cook it 20 minutes in the oven. Do not plan on an 8 minute dinner after you put the chicken in the oven.
Dec 19, 2014
This was delicious and relatively easy for how fancy it appears.
Nov 20, 2014
This was a star with that wonderful sauce.