Easy Chicken Piccata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer chicken to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Add stock, capers and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 382 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 29, 2018
I followed the recipe as written. The chicken was moist and flavorful, but I couldn't get the sauce to thicken. I'm sure that I must have missed a step somewhere. At any rate we enjoyed the chicken. Our side dishes were mashed potatoes and broccoli. They worked well with the recipe.
Mar 29, 2018
We have been making this recipe for several years now. My husband and I both love it. Use chicken tenders, breasts cut Into chunks, whatever appeals to you. We put the capers in the spice grinder because we prefer the capers finely ground, but it does turn the sauce rather green. We also double the sauce and use the larger amount of lemon juice because we enjoy strong lemon flavor. We took this recipe with us to family in Mexico and it was a resounding success. Be sure to use real butter as anything less just doesn't do justice to the flavor.
Mar 9, 2018
loved this recipe! Very easy to make and very delicious!
Jan 29, 2018
Quick, easy and tastes great! My whole family loved it.
Jan 25, 2018
Very nice, tender and great taste 5 starsFor broth I use chicken base by mcCormick
Jan 13, 2018
Too bland. Found this one to be much better.http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45966/skillet-chicken-piccata-recipe/
Jan 13, 2018
Just an innocent question. Which way is crosswise? Horizontal or vertical? Thank you...sounds so good.
Jan 13, 2018
This one needs some garlic. No taste at all. And oven? What for? The chicken is thin, I made this quick and easy in one skillet. No need for oven.
Jun 15, 2017
Did I miss something? Garlic? Tried this because it was supposed to be easy and quick. Easy and quick always equals mediocre. Should have known better.
Mar 6, 2017
This is easy and tastes delicious. It's presentation is nice enough for guests and even my picky eater teen/tween daughters like it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.