Easy Chicken Piccata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer chicken to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Add stock, capers and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 382 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Jan 11, 2020
Well Mr Picky loved it! He gives it a 5 star rating!
Jan 10, 2020
This turned out very moist and flavorful however it was not lemon enough for me. The chicken was moist and tender but the sauce never thickened. I followed the recipe exactly to a T but my sauce was rather watery I’m not sure what I did wrong along the way I would try to make it again and hopefully maybe add a little flour to the sauce in the pan while it’s cooking
Jan 10, 2020
I was never crazy about capers but this recipe w/capers is out of this world Don't knock it till you try it. It's amazing.
Sep 10, 2019
It is tasty. Chicken is tender, juice, flavor-able. I ate the chicken with water-boiled broccoli and it is a great combination.
Apr 28, 2019
I wish I could give this recipe 10 stars! Not only was this recipe super super easy and quick, it was keto friendly 6 only carbs per serving. I ran out of almond flour or I probably would have probably substituted that for the regular flour. This turned out so so so good. My entire family loves it! Paired this with a fresh arugula lemon salad and creamy cauliflower mash.
Apr 10, 2019
My family loves capers, so we've put this recipe in our rotation. We always double the sauce, but remember to add the lemon juice one tablespoon at a time so that you don't get it too lemony. I agree with other reviewers that garlic would be a great addition to this recipe.
Apr 4, 2019
This is super easy and super good. My hubby usually complains about chicken breast but this one he remarked at how good it was. The capers are a really tasty addition.
Feb 14, 2019
Very Easy to make, great flavor, great addition to the dinner menu mixup!
Jan 16, 2019
We simply didn't care for this recipe. We have so many chicken recipes that we enjoy more.
Jan 11, 2019
ADDITION: I use a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan.