Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add green pepper and onion. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, pimientos, soup, milk, garlic powder and salt. Drain spaghetti; add to pan and toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake until hot and bubbly, 50-60 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 438 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 2, 2016
This is an easy way to make Chicken Tetrazzini! I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and sauteed them along with the onion and green pepper. Also, since I didn't have pimiento, I diced up a roasted red pepper. I did add some sour cream to the mushroom sauce and also added a cup of grated cheddar into the dish itself, as well as using it on top as indicated in the recipe. Next time, I would add some grated parmesan to the sauce too. Keep an eye on the baking time - 55 minutes was a bit too long in my oven. All in all, a good weeknight meal!
Mar 24, 2014
I didn't have the onion, so added 2 stalks of celery diced, omitted the mushrooms, and used Mexican Style 4 cheese blend shredded cheese and it was wonderful! I also used whole wheat pasta. My husband loved it too!
Oct 21, 2011
This is an easy meal to make and my husband requested that it be made again and again! A good sign from such a picky eater! Also, I love that it's a white sauce meal that is so low in calories! A rare find!
Mar 20, 2011
This was very good, I did add some broccoli for a meal in one.
Mar 8, 2010
Awesome! Quick short form but Very Good!!!!!!!
Jan 27, 2010
I use cream of celery soup because I think it gives this casserole a more appealing color. I have made multiple pans for carry-in dinners and it always goes over well.
Feb 7, 2009
this was good, but I would like to try it with a blush sauce next time