Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic, salt, vinegar, thyme and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Mix cornstarch and almond milk until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 139 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 623mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 16, 2019
This was really good! I'm not dairy intolerant, but I have family and friends who are, so I'm always on the lookout for interesting recipes to have on hand for them. Since I was making it for myself, and I'm not really a fan of almond milk, I substituted soy milk, like another reviewer. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written, and I really loved the result! I will probably make it for myself again, because it's so quick and easy!
Mar 10, 2019
This is a great recipe for me, since I can't have milk. I used soy milk instead of the almond milk and it was delicious. Even my husband loved it.
Feb 18, 2019
This is a good dairy free option. Creamy with lots of mushrooms.
Feb 13, 2019
When the recipe called for 1 # of mushrooms i thought it was a mistake, not - they were delicious and non dairy, a winner for sure.
Jan 17, 2019
Easy, straight-forward and delicious soup. I will make it again and again - thank you Courtney.