This healthy queso is our household's newest obsession. It's so shockingly delicious, you have to try it to believe it! —Becky Hardin, St. Peters, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 5 min.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- Tortilla chips and assorted vegetables
- Rinse cashews in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add water to cover by 3 in. Cover and let stand overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews, discarding liquid. Transfer to a food processor. Add 1 cup water, nutritional yeast, cilantro, lime juice, salt and chili powder; cover and process until pureed, 3-4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with tortilla chips and vegetables.
Test Kitchen tips