Cheesy Beef Tetrazzini
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream, until blended. Stir in green pepper, onions and spaghetti. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 631 calories, 37g fat (20g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Jun 18, 2014
I have been making this for years now. It is fantastic! I like to sub half of the ground beef with Italian sausage.
Dec 6, 2008
This recipe is awesome, especially the day after when all the flavors soak in. I changed all the cheese to reduced fat, and used extra lean ground beef to make it healthier. It can be frozen for a few weeks, thaw it the day before use and it still taste yummy. This will please all ages.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.