Cheesy Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Combine soup and milk; add to skillet. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream. Cook 30 minutes longer (do not boil).
- Add cheeses; heat for 5 minutes or until melted. Serve with noodles or rice.
Nov 19, 2015
I used ground hamburger instead of the sirloin tip's. And I used Pepper Jack Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno pepper's, it gave it a nice bite to it. I am making it to night. This is my second time making it. I put it over egg noodle's. My husband love's it !!!
Jan 17, 2015
I used minute steaks instead of the sirloin tips for this recipe. It was delicious. Probably the best steak and gravy I have ever made.Would be great over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.If the ratings went higher than 5 stars I would rate it even higher!
Nov 3, 2010
We love this recipe! Although had us Wisconsinites anything with cheese in it and we're bound to love it ;)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.