Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf (about 8 ounces) French bread
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, pepper and onion over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles, 8-10 minutes; drain. Stir in dip mix and sour cream.
- Cut French bread horizontally in half; place halves on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes. Remove from broiler.
- Spoon beef mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes longer. To serve, cut each into three pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 434 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 4, 2019
This dish sure looked good. For my taste, the ranch dip mix gave the dish an artificial taste and resulted in the meat mixture being too salty. The green peppers, onions and mushrooms (I used sliced baby portobello) are a nice touch. Next time I try this dish, I will omit the ranch dip mix and just use the sour cream.
Jan 20, 2019
Tasty, easy dish. The ranch dip mix adds lots of flavor. Make sure that you cut the bread wide enough to hold a good servings-worth of the meat mixture. We'll definitely be making these again!
Jan 10, 2019
We love these sandwiches! I had made them years ago and sort of forgot about them, but now I found the recipe and was so excited! They are easy to make
Dec 6, 2017
These were delicious. I used baby portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced, and they really stood out in the dish. I used about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef, so increased the sour cream to about a cup. Everything else remained the same, except I used toasted hamburger buns and a combination of sliced provolone and cheddar jack cheeses. Great weeknight meal. My family devoured these! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 5, 2016
We really enjoyed this meal. I was low on sour cream, so I added a couple of spoons of cream cheese to make up the difference. Tasted great, so I think I'll add the cream cheese everytime I make this recipe. So glad I gave this one a try!
Jan 16, 2016
My whole family loved these!! The only difficult part was that the meat kept falling off the bread. Next time we make them, I'm going to scoop out the bread.
Nov 1, 2015
These were a big hit with the family! I even had extended family over so this can feed a crowd. Super quick and easy to put together and will be a regular on my menu from now on.