Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bacon and garlic. Combine the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg; gradually stir into beef mixture until blended.
- Stir in soup (mixture will be thick) and heat through. Add sour cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Serve on buns.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 392 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2014
I have made this many times and my family loves it. This is a great recipe to make ahead for a weekend at the lake or anytime you need a no-fuss light meal. We enjoy these with homemade pickled onions.
Apr 16, 2011
My family has enjoyed traditional stroganoff for years so I knew they would like this sandwich. I was right.
Mar 25, 2011
My family did not enjoy this. Sadly, it was a waste of ingredients. I did have some and it was just ok; nothing I'd make again.
Mar 26, 2010
I'm not sure if I'll make this again. It tasted pretty good, but (I really hate to say this) it looked sort of like canned dog food. I served it to friends and family at a serve-yourself buffet and was a little bit embarrassed at how this looked sitting there in the pan.
Jan 31, 2009
I used lowfat mushroom soup and lowfat sour cream. It cuts down on the calories and is still very tasty. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I also diced a small bit of onion very fine and added. I will make it again.
Jan 29, 2009
Great recipe and it's even better coming from someone near me! Caroline Nelson, Spencer, Iowa.