Ground Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the mushrooms, flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream just before serving; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 351 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 30, 2019
I made this recipe for my husband – he loved it! He’s pretty fussy and has fairly simple taste preferences in food. I did add a bit more Worcestershire. He gave it a 9.5 out of 10! I love that it was very simple to make.
Aug 2, 2014
Chili sauce isn't the same as hot sauce. It is used in shrimp Louie's. Comes in a bottle and is similar to ketchup.
Sep 16, 2013
My whole family loved this dish. This should say a lot because when it come to a new dish they can be pickie eaters.
Jul 24, 2011
It was delicious up until we added the sour cream. (We omitted the chili sauce.) Had to add a can of mushroom soup to make it less thick and less sour cream tasting.
Apr 30, 2011
I'm gonna make this and add cream cheese to make more creamy and to dull out chili sauce! Very good!
Nov 27, 2010
OMG, is it just a typo or is it really 2 TBSP of chili sauce? I couldn't even eat it without getting my tongue burned! its too hot! make sure u lessen the amount of chili sauce if u wanna enjoy this dish
Jul 21, 2010
I found this recipe shortly after I got married and have been making it ever since. Its a favorite. Its very creamy and tastes great!
Apr 13, 2010
We loved this! It's not very saucy, but very yummy. I used Thai sweet chili sauce - it was great!
Feb 20, 2009
RE: Need to add a little milk to make more of a sauce. I added more garlic. Replaced chili sauce for ketchup and chili powder to taste.
Feb 5, 2008
Needed a little milk added to be creamy enough. Did not have chili sauce, so used ketchup and powdered dark chilis. Nice taste.