Pressure-Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add half of ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook and stir, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove meat; drain any liquid from pressure cooker. Repeat with remaining ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Add butter, mushrooms and onions to pressure cooker; saute until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and are beginning to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return meat to cooker; add tomato paste and consomme.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for normal heat. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles, if desired, and minced parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2018
Easy dish and my family loved it. Some people will say you do not need to use a pressure cooker, but it is one dish cooking that does not require watching. But then if you don’t want to use a PC, easily cooked on stovetop.
Feb 10, 2018
Delicious!! I had to review this wonderful recipe to offset the ridiculous comments others made. Mushroom soup is all chemicals so I am thankful for a "cleaner" option. Also having it done in one pot we dont have to watch over so quickly is why we use pressure cookers. Thank you for the great recipe!!
Feb 7, 2018
I do not understand the need to use a pressure cooker for a recipe like this. There is no benefit.
Jan 16, 2018
I prefer stroganoff with mushroom soup.