- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Optional: Hot cooked noodles and minced fresh parsley
- Minced fresh parsley
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add half the ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; crumble beef. Remove meat; drain any liquid from pressure cooker. Repeat with remaining ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Add butter, mushrooms and onions to pressure cooker; saute until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and are beginning to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return meat to cooker; add tomato paste and consomme. Press cancel.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through. If desired, serve with noodles and minced parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
1 serving: 356 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.