Pressure-Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add half of ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook and stir, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove meat; drain any liquid from pressure cooker. Repeat with remaining ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Add butter, mushrooms and onions to pressure cooker; saute until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and are beginning to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return meat to cooker; add tomato paste and consomme. Press cancel.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through. Serve with noodles, if desired, and minced parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Sep 24, 2019
Hahahaha stroganoff with mushroom soup!!! They had the nerve to give 3 stars and say they prefer mushroom soup. What a joke. Hey ashhat a review s for the recipe not your 12 year old chemical fake food preferences. Really good recipe. I don’t own a pressure cooker but the great thing about recipes like this is they are so flexible.
Mar 27, 2018
Easy dish and my family loved it. Some people will say you do not need to use a pressure cooker, but it is one dish cooking that does not require watching. But then if you don’t want to use a PC, easily cooked on stovetop.
Feb 10, 2018
Delicious!! I had to review this wonderful recipe to offset the ridiculous comments others made. Mushroom soup is all chemicals so I am thankful for a "cleaner" option. Also having it done in one pot we dont have to watch over so quickly is why we use pressure cookers. Thank you for the great recipe!!
Feb 7, 2018
I do not understand the need to use a pressure cooker for a recipe like this. There is no benefit.
Jan 16, 2018
I prefer stroganoff with mushroom soup.