Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushrooms. Place gravy mix in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Add beef and mushrooms to the gravy. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 262 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2016
Oct 29, 2016
Very easy to make and very good. There was way too much sauce though and it didn't really thicken. Next time I would not put all the liquid in with the gravy mix.
Oct 10, 2016
Loved it!!!!!! For those that asked about Country Gravy; it is the white kind, unless you have listened to Paula Dean. She swears Country Gravy is the brown version. Makes you wonder if Paula is really from the South? lol
Feb 14, 2013
This was very good but I will do a few things different next time. I will use low sodium broth to reduce the salty taste. I also used only one package of the gravy mix to 3 or so cups of the liquid, then half the sour cream. That was more than enough sauce. Otherwise it was great.
Jan 30, 2013
I always use mash potatoes for beef stroganoff and it is the best
Jan 20, 2013
Initially I kept thinking "there's too much .....stuff in this but I'm going to try it anyway". I'm glad I did. It was delicious! I'll definitely be making this again
Nov 2, 2012
This recipe was great! I will be making again!
Jun 16, 2012
I have made this for my family more times than I can count! It is always a requested favorite...especially with the children. Love it!
Feb 15, 2012
I've been searching for a recipe this simple and delicious. Thank you.
Jan 13, 2012
best strognoff recipe I've ever made and easy too!