- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef, salt and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Transfer meat to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and begin to brown, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together consomme, flour and tomato paste. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low until thickened, 4-6 hours. Stir in sour cream. Cook, covered, until heated through, 15-30 minutes longer. Serve with noodles.
Test Kitchen tips
1 cup (calculated without noodles): 357 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.