Slow-Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place chicken, soup and wine in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads at least 165°, about 3 hours. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms. Cook, covered, on high until mushrooms are tender, 1-1/2-2 hours longer. Stir in sour cream and salt. Serve with egg noodles; sprinkle with pepper and if desired, parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 447 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Nov 30, 2019
This is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. I threw everything in the crock pot (except the sour cream) early this morning, and then left for shopping. When I returned home, all I had to do was stir in the sour cream and cook the noodles. Simple and Delicious.
Nov 14, 2019
This was a great meal for a chilly autumn evening. It was easy to follow, and quite tasty too! Instead of boneless skinless chicken breast I used bone-in skinless chicken thighs. It turned out just fine. I served it over egg noodles and it was perfect, not too heavy and not too light.
Nov 6, 2019
This dish was specracular! I used chicken breast cut into big pieces and only cooked on high for 2 hours (i have a fear of dried out chicken). Then i added the sliced portabellos (next time I'll double that. Cooked 1 more hour, then added the sour cream ( only 8 oz.) Oh! instead of the herbed cream of chicken soup, i used the regular cream of chicken and a couple of tablespoons of "Better Than Boullion" chicken paste. Go with the reduced sodium one because it is very salty. And i added a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach. It was GREAT!!!!!!