Slow-Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
This recipe is creamy, warm, satisfying and fairly inexpensive—and needs just a few ingredients! Who could ask for more on a cold winter evening? I will admit, though, that I have been known to make it during the summer, too. —Jason Kretzer, Grants Pass, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place chicken, soup and wine in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads at least 165°, about 3 hours. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms. Cook, covered, on high until mushrooms are tender, 1-1/2-2 hours longer. Stir in sour cream and salt. Serve with egg noodles; sprinkle with pepper and if desired, parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 447 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Stroganoff in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.