Easy Chicken Chili
We have lots of visitors on our 10-acre farm, so I like to make down-home dishes. Whenever I serve this chili, I'm asked for the recipe, which I'm happy to share.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Chili in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook