Italian Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (1/2 cup vinaigrette)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup assorted olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 8 pepperoncini
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded carrots and grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss lightly. If desired, add toppings.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 109 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2015
We enjoyed this salad recipe very much. I omitted the mushrooms because some folks do not enjoy eating them. I doubled the other ingredients. I used Castelvetrano olives. Delicious! It is definitely a keeper! Thank you for submitting.
Dec 17, 2015
LOVE IT! I wish I could give it ten stars! I omitted the olives because I don't like them, but I added cherry tomatoes and goat cheese, used a small Thai pepper instead of the pepperoncini, and threw some croutons on top. But the dressing is awesome! Thanks for the recipe!
Apr 30, 2015
Good salad, loved the light dressing.
Dec 29, 2014