Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 209 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 10, 2017
Made this a couple of years ago and still remember how good it was. Making a 5 pound batch today in yhe crock pot and freezing leftovers for future fast dinnners. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Sep 23, 2016
I prepared this delicious dish tonight and proclaim it a winner. I cut the recipe down for the two of us and used Splenda brown sugar blend but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Absolutely delicious. Yes, we cleaned our plates. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Jun 12, 2016
I have made this several times as written, but I now add about 2 tablespoons of honey to the sauce & we love it this way. It is so moist & serving it with rice makes good use of the sauce.
Nov 2, 2013
Feb 23, 2013
This recipe has the most amazing flavor.I love it. Very easy to make.
Oct 4, 2010
I wasn't a huge fan of this recipe. I could have just eaten the chicken and been happy. I might have needed more sugar or mustard, but either way, all i tasted was picante sauce. It was over powering. I will prolly make this again, but try my own twist on it.
Jan 23, 2010
Don't let the simplicity fool you. This dish is delicious. The chicken is juicy and the sauce is delightful.
Jan 22, 2010
Very easy to make and very good tasting.
Nov 12, 2009
I made it for two. I also used salsa and it still turned out good.
Jan 23, 2009
Easy and delish!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.