Picante Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 5 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, picante sauce, onions and salt. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 238 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2014
Took notice to this because of it having picante sauce, and zucchini. Saving for future use....of course not too far into future.
Jun 11, 2011
I love this recipe - wonderful
May 18, 2011
Very good. I used sliced roma tomatoes instead of bacon as a topping, and it turned out well. Microwaving leftovers loses the "egginess", but still tastes good.
May 10, 2009