- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake for 25 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy. Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges.
1 piece: 326 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.