Meat Shell Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy. Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 326 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2016
I originally turned to this to use up some mashed potatoes, but it turned out to be a popular recipe to use when we had ground beef on the menu, too. Easy to make. We used ready-cooked bacon instead of cooking up just 4 strips. Different flavors of mashed potatoes (garlic, cheesy, etc) make interesting variations.
May 3, 2015
This was very good!!! It didn't specify whether to mash the potatoes with butter and milk, so I started with just the soup. I ended up adding a little milk to ensure the potatoes didn't get dry when baked. They were perfect! I little topping of sour cream is very good with it.
May 2, 2010
We liked this recipe and very easy to make. Just like having meatloaf and potatoes but all in one dish. We plan to flavor our potatoes differently each time, herb, garlic, sour cream along with the added C of Mush soup.