Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine or broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 232 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 5, 2018
Hi Terry, You can use just the egg whites from real eggs too if you're watching calories or cholesterol! Works great .
May 20, 2018
Hi Terry - I just wanted to let you know that you would need two real eggs for 1/2 cup of egg substitute. I'm planning on trying the recipe also. Good luck!
May 14, 2018
Have not tried this yet but will be this week I was wondering how many real eggs should I use?
Apr 16, 2018
Delicious. Next time I will make more sauce. My husband loved it.
Apr 9, 2018
We followed this recipe just about exactly, and it was literally amazing. This is one of the best chicken recipes I've made this year (I know, it's only April). We had it with some brown rice. We will be making this again for sure.
Apr 7, 2018
My husband and I loved this recipe, I used real eggs, instead of the "egg substitution stuff". I also made extra sauce and served it with fettuccine which soaked up the lemony sauce too and a side of fresh sauteed mushrooms...
Mar 5, 2018
This was so good. I found it today; made it today; it couldn't have been easier. It was easy to adjust the recipe for two. I cheated and served it with a box risotto, but even that was good. Enjoy!
Feb 20, 2018
Absolutely Delicious recipe!! I made this for my husband and three sons and it was a hit! The flavors were light and refreshing. This is a great dish to make for company too!!
Jan 21, 2018
This chicken piccata is delicious! Great recipe. Easy. . Will definitely make this again. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Dec 11, 2017
This chicken piccata is delicious; definitely a keeper! I also doubled the sauce ingredients for the extra sauce. My husband really enjoyed the flavor of this dish. He is not generally a lemon fan but the light lemon flavor is not overpowering.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.