Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 232 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2018
Very delicious. I went with other suggestions to double the sauce ingredients and it worked well. The only addition I made was to add some grated lemon peel into the sauce. The recipe is perfect as is otherwise. Definitely will be making this again.
Nov 5, 2018
NOTHING IS MORE ANNOYING THAN WHEN I COME ON THIS SITE TO READ REVIEWS OF MEALS I'D LIKE TO MAKE ONLY TO FIND PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T MADE THE MEAL MAKING UNNECESSARY COMMENTS ABOUT IT AND COMPLAINING!! IT'S OK IF A RECIPE IS MADE DIFFERENTLY THAN WHAT YOU ARE USED TO. IT'S ALSO OK TO TRY IT BEFORE BASHING IT.
Nov 2, 2018
Made this last night for just my wife and myself. I made half the chicken and all the sauce and it was wonderful. I cooked up a cup of orzo which I added to the sauce just before serving. Will definitely be making this again and again.
Nov 1, 2018
Picatta has NO PARM otherwise a nice recipe I am sure
Oct 31, 2018
Chicken picatta without capers?
Jul 5, 2018
Hi Terry, You can use just the egg whites from real eggs too if you're watching calories or cholesterol! Works great .
May 20, 2018
Hi Terry - I just wanted to let you know that you would need two real eggs for 1/2 cup of egg substitute. I'm planning on trying the recipe also. Good luck!
May 14, 2018
Have not tried this yet but will be this week I was wondering how many real eggs should I use?
Apr 16, 2018
Delicious. Next time I will make more sauce. My husband loved it.
Apr 9, 2018
We followed this recipe just about exactly, and it was literally amazing. This is one of the best chicken recipes I've made this year (I know, it's only April). We had it with some brown rice. We will be making this again for sure.