Easy Caribbean Chicken
This is a very simple recipe that uses easy-to-find ingredients. Serve with some steamed vegetables for a complete meal. Use cubes of pork or even shrimp instead of the chicken. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened DOLE pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and seasoning; saute until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, pineapple and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until flavors are blended and chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Serve with rice and, if desired, cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup chicken mixture: 242 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.