Marinated Rosemary Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- In a measuring cup, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic and rosemary. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 6 minutes, rotating once.
- Immediately place chicken over drip pan and grill covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 175 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Sep 19, 2014
this is my favorite chicken recipe.it can be baked in the oven also
May 9, 2014
Tastes fabulous! We skipped microwave step and just grilled chicken leg quarters. Grilled for about 45 minutes. Absolutely everyone loved it!
Jun 14, 2009
I discarded the microwave step and went straight to the grill, it was delicious!
Jul 11, 2008
Jul 11, 2008
Couldn't this recipe be baked, too? I don't have a grill and microwaving can toughen meat.Thanks, [email protected]