Lime Herb Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Brush remaining marinade over chicken just before serving.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 313 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 16, 2012
Delicious! I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor was in this chicken. Will definitely make again.
Jun 11, 2012
Great flavor! Perfect for summer-time grilling.
Sep 24, 2011
I had to make this with lemon juice, as I was out of lime juice, but the results were wonderful! Looking forward to trying it with lime juice in the near future!
Sep 10, 2010
I don't have a grill so I baked this in a roasting pan. It came out just like the pic and tasted very flavorful but I really want to try it again once I have a grill.
Jul 11, 2010
My family loves this recipe. The second time I made it though I marinated it an hour or two and I liked it even better.
Jun 14, 2010
I enjoyed the chicken very much (any food cooked with garlic is fine in my book!) Quick question: Can this be cooked on top of the stove in a grill pan or baked in the oven? - I'm sorry, but that was 2 questions!!!
Jun 13, 2010
Just made this today on the grill and we really liked it! You only have to marinate the chicken for 15 min. prior to throwing it on the grill which was nice. Didn't have to plan too far in advance. Good flavor and the chicken was nice and moist!
Mar 5, 2008
short marinade time
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.