Greek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into 8 wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender. Serve with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 8 potato wedges and about 1/3 cup pan juices: 602 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1071mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Nov 2, 2019
This dish is absolutely delicious! I’ve made it at least 5 times and look forward to making it on weekends when I have more time to cook. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Jun 19, 2019
Wow, thanks for providing this recipe, Lisa. Definitely a winner and keeper. Made mostly as written, just used red potatoes, because I didn't have Yukon Gold. Wonderful flavors combining the lemon, Kalamatta olives, garlic, and oregano. Going into our family cookbook, tonight!
Apr 30, 2019
I can't believe how delicious this recipe. The flavoring is superb. And so easy. This has become a favorite.
Apr 18, 2018
This recipe is soooo good that I joined this website just so I could leave this review! Seriously! I think this might be the best chicken I've ever eaten, in my life! Thanks!!!
May 10, 2016
Very tasty dish. The sauce is excellent. Prepared according to recipe, and thought cook time was appropriate. We like chicken tender and cooked through, not mushy, so this one is a keeper.
Apr 22, 2016
Really wonderful dish (and so easy to make!) I have made several different versions of Greek Lemon Chicken, and this is my new fave. I used chicken thighs and doubled the sauce - it came out so tender and juicy, my husband just devoured it!
Nov 23, 2015
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts & also added a can of cream of chicken soup & it was delicious!!
Sep 24, 2015
This is my teenage son's favorite dish! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds, instead of thighs. I usually add an extra clove or two of fresh garlic, as well. It smells, looks, and tastes wonderful! It's very simple to make., but feels like a "special occasion" dish.
Apr 18, 2015
I did not find this dish to be very flavorful, and the chicken does not get well-done enough with the cooking time given. Chicken should fall off the bone, IMO.
Apr 1, 2015
very easy and delicious. definitely a remake