One-Pan Chicken Rice Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender and lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In a bowl, mix flour and seasonings; toss with chicken. In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook just until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Stir in broth and onion; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes (mixture will be saucy). If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 21, 2018
Delicious!! Perfect blend of curry. My boyfriend would never eat curry until this recipe. Now have my son liking it also!!!
Mar 15, 2017
very good and easy !
Jan 24, 2017
Very delicious, and so quick and easy to make. Perfect weeknight meal!