Indian Ginger Potatoes
This easy ginger potato dish is so flavorful. Make it even faster by cooking the potatoes ahead of time or using leftover potatoes. —Erin Kelkar, Norcross, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeno and ginger; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Add turmeric; cook 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat to low; add potatoes, water, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.