Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 5 small carrots, sliced
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add the oil, ginger, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Drizzle with syrup. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring once more.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Nov 24, 2016
Amazing flavors. Was a big hit at our thanksgiving meal. Probably going to be a regular on our Thanksgiving menu. :)
Jan 31, 2016
Excellent recipe! The chopping takes awhile but the results were worth it. Both my kids loved it. I wish I had added garlic and I also skipped the sweet onion, which I wish I had included. I used 2 turnips, 4 parsnips, one rutaga, most of a red onion, and sliced baby carrots. So good! The maple really brought out the flavor and any recipe without potatoes is one my husband loves! A keeper.
Aug 31, 2014
Delicious! I made this exactly as written for a family dinner.
Nov 25, 2010
These tasted great! I served them with a turkey dinner ... added the leftover veggies (cut in small pieces) to the turkey soup the next day ... they added great flavour to the soup.
Nov 5, 2010
Yum! Made almost as directed except substituted gold potatoes for the turnips and rutabaga. Also left out the red onion and added several cloves of minced garlic. Paired this with a venison roast and it stole the show! The vegetables had just the right hint of sweet and absolutely melted in your mouth. Will be enjoying this all winter long!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.