Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 242 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 17, 2019
So good! I prepared it as specified. Maple syrup gave it a wonderful flavor, and the apples and raisons added texture and flavor to the squash. Looked so nice on the serving plate when served!
Oct 21, 2015
Very good! I peeled the squash and cut it into small chunks and then mixed everything together and baked it.
Mar 1, 2010
Excellent recipe, leftovers are good too. The only thing I will do different next time is to line the pan with foil since it took so long to clean.