Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 242 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 10, 2019
This recipe is fantastic. I suggest you cook more than you think you need, because it is so good I can eat a whole squash myself. Here is a tip for cutting squash. Poke a whole in the whole squash, microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes. Take out the squash (careful very hot) Doing this makes cutting ans slicing very easy.. Slice off ends and continue with recipe. My favorite squash ever!!!
Jan 17, 2019
So good! I prepared it as specified. Maple syrup gave it a wonderful flavor, and the apples and raisons added texture and flavor to the squash. Looked so nice on the serving plate when served!
Oct 21, 2015
Very good! I peeled the squash and cut it into small chunks and then mixed everything together and baked it.
Mar 1, 2010
Excellent recipe, leftovers are good too. The only thing I will do different next time is to line the pan with foil since it took so long to clean.