Maple Glazed Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 242 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 21, 2015
Very good! I peeled the squash and cut it into small chunks and then mixed everything together and baked it.
Mar 1, 2010
Excellent recipe, leftovers are good too. The only thing I will do different next time is to line the pan with foil since it took so long to clean.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.