I cook this ham for Christmas and for Easter, but my husband thinks that twice a year is not enough. If it were up to him, we'd eat this every day! When I have larger hams, I double the glaze. If any glaze is left, we use it on pancakes the next day. —Jeanie Beasley, Tupelo, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 spiral-sliced fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove ham from oven. Pour glaze over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces: 234 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1137mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Maple Glazed Ham in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016