Maple-Peach Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours
Makes16 servings (about 2 cups sauce)
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 2 cups peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix preserves, syrup, orange juice and, if desired, chili pepper until blended. Remove 3/4 cup mixture for glaze.
- Remove ham from oven; brush with some of the glaze. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring preserves mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve as a sauce with ham.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked ham with 2 tablespoons sauce: 294 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
May 23, 2017
I liked the flavor of this ham. Good glaze. I'll make it again!
Apr 3, 2017
I love ham and in smaller portions and this I will make for me and my Sheltie's.
Mar 28, 2016
I always cook ham longer than called for in most recipes. This one, I put the ham in crock pot before bed. I put the glaze on in the morning and by Easter lunch, It was perfect! I used the peach preserves and added the pepper. When I was mixing it, I thought maybe the pepper was a mistake, as it smelled and tasted strong. But after cooking, it was not as noticeable.
Jun 21, 2014
Great tasting ham that is both simple and versatile. Since I have loads of homemade apricot preserves from our apricots this year, used that in place of peach preserve. Ham is one of only main course items I like both sweet and savory. Thanks for sharing.
Apr 5, 2014
This is such a delicious glaze! I can't wait to use this sauce with Pork Tenderloin, Chicken, and Shrimp! It's a perfect blend of sweet, and spice! I did use orange marmalade in place of the peach. I also substituted Cayenne Pepper Sauce for the Ancho Chili Pepper. Great recipe!