Apricot Ginger Mustard-Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apricot halves, drained
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Remove ham from oven. Increase oven setting to 425°. Spread apricot mixture over ham.
- Bake ham, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. If desired, increase oven setting to broil; broil 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked ham: 201 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1258mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 24, 2016
Perfect directions for cooking a ham. Glaze was good, I thought the mustard tasted strong, but it was the right amount once it was baked. We will enjoy this all week!!