Apricot Ginger Mustard-Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apricot halves, drained
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Remove ham from oven. Increase oven setting to 425°. Spread apricot mixture over ham.
- Bake ham, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. If desired, increase oven setting to broil; broil 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked ham: 201 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1258mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 24, 2016
Perfect directions for cooking a ham. Glaze was good, I thought the mustard tasted strong, but it was the right amount once it was baked. We will enjoy this all week!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.