Citrus-Molasses Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Cover and bake until a thermometer reads 130°, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine grapefruit and orange juices. Bring to a boil; cook 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove ham from oven. Brush with 1/3 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, basting occasionally with remaining glaze, until a thermometer reads 140°, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked ham: 272 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1424mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Apr 23, 2019
Really good flavors!! I'll make this again!
Dec 14, 2014
I made this for our holiday party and everyone loved it. My father-in-law said it was the best ham he has had. My husband liked the light citrus favor.
Dec 6, 2014
We raise our own pork and I am always looking for new recipes. I tried this tonight and it was absolutely delicious!