Apple Cider-Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
Makes10 servings (1 cup sauce)
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cider, honey, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the butter, chili powder and apple pie spice. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Cook the remaining sauce until thickened; spoon over ham. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 140°, 30-35 minutes longer. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ham
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked ham: 261 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 25, 2015
I left out the Apple pie spice and cut the honey in half. Nice flavor but the glaze didn't thicken much.
Feb 1, 2014
Made this for the holidays and it was a hit with my father- in- law he kept asking what I cooked it with. I omit the chili powder and vinegar and used Hard cider & regular cider....Yummy
Jan 6, 2014
Such a great, easy recipe! Made this for Christmas & it was a hit!
Jan 2, 2014
I make a similar recipe, though I don't use the chili powder or vinegar. Setting aside extra sauce for serving is a great idea. The apple pie spice adds a nice touch.
Jan 1, 2014
Very Good! Easy to follow instructions! Made it for Christmas and making it again for New Years.
Dec 23, 2012
Wonderful!! I cut back to only 1 tsp of Chili powder though...was very nice!! :D
Dec 19, 2012
I intend to do this on our ham this Christmas. Sounds delicious. Couldn't the sauce be made the day before and then warmed up to coat the ham? Would be easier on the busy cooking day.
Apr 6, 2012
TIME CONSUMING ON PREPARATION.
Mar 29, 2012
we loved it so much we make it every other month
Oct 24, 2010
I don't know what I did wrong, but I couldn't get the glaze to thicken up enough. I probably won't make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.