Old-Fashioned Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours 25 min.
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove into each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar and juices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until glaze is reduced to 1 cup.
- Baste ham with 1/3 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with remaining glaze every 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 479 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1851mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2017
I would cut down the juice and sugar before making it.
Mar 25, 2010
I have made this recipe for years its been pass down from my mother , as its been pass down to her from her mom .. it's Our familys favorite to make every year during the holidays even just as an everyday meal. we all love it
Dec 28, 2009
This made the perfect ham! I didn't boil the glaze all the way down, but it was still delicious.
Dec 25, 2009
Perfect Ham. Loved the glazed simple and easy to do.