Apple-Orange Glazed Ham
This ham has a wonderful orange glaze that makes it special for any family supper or holiday gathering. You can also insert whole cloves into the ham for added color and flavor.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 50 min. + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Trim fat; score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Add cider and orange juice to pan. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; brush some over ham. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Editor's Note: For an added touch after scoring, insert whole cloves in the points of each diamond shape on the ham.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces ham: 272 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1319mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Baked Ham with Orange Glaze in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition