Apple-Orange Glazed Ham
This ham has a wonderful orange glaze that makes it special for any family supper or holiday gathering. You can also insert whole cloves into the ham for added color and flavor.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 50 min. + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Trim fat; score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Add cider and orange juice to pan. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; brush some over ham. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Editor's Note: For an added touch after scoring, insert whole cloves in the points of each diamond shape on the ham.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces ham: 272 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1319mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Baked Ham with Orange Glaze in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.