Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Set aside 2 tablespoons beer. Pour remaining beer over the ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and reserved beer; spread over ham. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 309 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1778mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Oct 17, 2016
This was a huge hit when I fixed it and took it to work for Thanksgiving. I love easy recipes that are beyond delicious and I'll definitely be fixing this ham again!
Dec 15, 2014
Amazing glaze. I used cider vinegar cuz that is what i had.
Apr 2, 2013
I did a variation on the glaze, but cooking the ham with beer left mine moist and delicious- my entire family liked this (served at Easter dinner). I called it "drunken ham". :-)
Nov 21, 2011
Very Easy, good ham, everyone liked a lot!
Mar 22, 2009
This is an excellent ham and not fussy at all - very easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.