Glazed Easter Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over ham. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 339 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1551mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 8, 2012
I spent the last two days looking for a glaze for my Easter ham. I selected this one, and I don't regret it. I really liked the basil with the cloves. I didn't have the orange peel but followed everything else. My husband and two boys all liked it.
Sep 25, 2011
The glaze is wonderful. However, next time I will follow the cooking directions that come with the ham because it was a little undercooked following the directions. But I will definately use the glaze again. It has a touch of flavor without overpowering the ham. Delicious!!
Jan 1, 2010
This is actually the 2nd time I have used this recipe. The 1st time, at Easter, my family loved it--even my children. In fact, they asked for it again at New Years.