Root Beer Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 3 cups root beer
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 338 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 2097mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein.
Dec 27, 2016
Loved the flavor of this glaze!
Nov 25, 2015
I prepared this ham last year for about a group of 75 people. It had such great reviews that it was requested again this year by several out of town quests.
Oct 25, 2014
Excellent !!!! I made this for an Easter dinner and it now has become my go to when I bake ham. Bone in ham is a family favorite and everyone loves this glaze. I put the extra on the table to top on the spot.