Bourbon-Spiced Glazed Ham
This bourbon-spiked ham makes a wonderful main course for a holiday feast. Leftovers (if there are any leftovers) make delicious sandwiches. —Karen Sublett-Young, Princeton, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 3 hours
- 7 to 9 pounds fully cooked bone-in ham
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Place ham in a large resealable plastic bag. Whisk together remaining ingredients until blended; pour into bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove ham from marinade and place on a rack in a roasting pan; reserve remaining marinade, placing it in the refrigerator until ready to baste.
- Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Bake, covered, 2 hours.
- Baste with about half of the reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours, basting the ham 2 more times during the first half hour, until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked ham: 182 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1043mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Country Ham in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017